Thread
Print

[Guide] Summoner: A guide for good :)

Summoner: A guide for good :)

Hello everyone

Im here cuz im bored seen all this worthless guides about wraith skills...
I play angels since haniel was the only server avaliable... and all this time i've been a wraith mage (or hybrid)
I got a low lvl pure summoner on haniel... a overlord (wraith/earth) on sofiel... n a chaos/wraith on Zeus...

So... i guess i can share with you all the tricks i found out in this game as a wraith mage...
Before understanding the meaning of wraith mages, you need to understand the main profits of each skill...

Life: Buffs (yes, the best you can find -and with foods and scrolls it gets even better)
Earth: HP/MP regen (and cute transformations ;) )
Chaos: DAMAGE! (you can combo skills and be good on pvp)
Wraith: ... (you gonna find out in the next step... there are ppl that like n other that dont)

So... to be a summoner, u need wraith (duh ~.~) and you cant use life... if u dun want to lose buffs and heal, look for another kinda guide =D
Been a pure, you get more mp and more spell attack then hybrid mages, but less options...
hybrid with earth (overlord), u get more buffs and can charm monster, regen hp/mp... (better for pvm)
hybrid with chaos , u get a option to combo while in pvp... (better for pvp)

The advantages of wraith skills:
LEVEL>
Theres a trick that can help you level faster:
The summoner can use his summons to gain exp... all monsters in game have a certain level...
No matter what lvl you are, if your summons' level is near monster's level and your summon kills it, u gain the total exp...
example:
Inside terra (totem area), evil slarm and one eyed bat got a certain level... if you use skeleton 5 to kill them, you get all the exp they can give (600+ and 900+)... to do this, you can set your Angel-Baby to use the skill soul entangle while auto-summoning (or use a debuff skill if your not affraid to die cuz monsters are going to atk you)...

BOSSES>
Another trick that can help you kill bosses while alone:
The boss is going to attack the first monster that hits it... unless you try to debuff it
For noobie bosses (or bosses that matches your summons level):
Get ur summon on and try to hit boss with soul entangle:
If you hit, boss is goin to stand still and u can wait out of his sight of view, while your summon runs for it... you just wait ur summon to die (or get near death) and summon it again... monster wont attack you, but ur summon is going to run after boss... u just need to wait till boss is done
If u miss ur attack, monster is going to attack you... you need to run until ur summon hits the boss and gets it away from you... after that, stayin out of boss sight of view, you summon again (and looks if the boss is not comming to you)... if the boss did not come to you, proceed like if you hit at first time
For stronger bosses (or bosses that are stronger than your summons):
If the boss is in a map with pacific monsters (or in a spot with no monsters near) things gets easier...
Find a place where the monsters gets stuck (you need to run faster then the monster or have a better strategie)... hit the boss the harder u can and try to stuck the boss on the spot...
example:
In cherry village, above repairman, theres a fence that makes somelike a upside down V... if u get it right, you can run with the boss and stuck it on (you stay outside fence and boss inside)... after that, you make a way to send your summon near fence entrance... your summon is going to run after the boss and hit it a few times before boss notices him... if the boss keeps tryin to reach you, its life will not regen...

If the boss is in a map with agressive monsters things gets harder...
Find a place that you can stuck monsters... clean that place the maximum you can (kill all monsters near)... run with the boss and proceed as if its not in a agressive map...
example:
In Training Palace, at Qiauner spot, theres a huge statue... if you hit Qiauner once and runs to the opposite side of the statue, he wont be able to reach you... just keep summoning and hiding

FARM>
Some guys say that summoners are not great farmers... indeed, summoners dun kill fast as archers... but summoners dun spend gold in pots or arrows or repairin stuff... If you farm (like lvling) using soul entangle, its even easier...
As a complement of leveling, instead of using summons that are near lvl of the monsters, use a stronger one... like using leech 4 to kill evil slarms and bats... usually 1 hit kill, so farm kinda fast

Ok... now i said all things that i found nice on summoners...
But this is a guide and i cant show just the good stuff... lets go to the "bad" part of summoners...

The disadvantages of wraith skill:
SKILL LEVEL>
I guess thats the worst part of wraith skill... unlike life and chaos, wraith dun have lots of buffs so its not that easy to lvl... It levels while farmin/levelin, but as a low rate... u can also level at jackstraw (on terra - totem area) but its not as fast as another kinda mage skills...
(after the skills are up to date, you'll see that they worth it!)

The other disadvantages come if your hybrid or if you mix ur skills...

To finish this guide, i want to add a last important thing that might be usefull:
Mages are thinking about changin their skills to ENHANCE (for more dep / hp) and AXE (for def buffs)... U can loose a bit of your spell atk and a bit of your mp to have more HP and more def... its all up to you
just look into skills at: http://angels.wikidot.com/ and decide whats the best for you

Guess thats all for now...

-Lauritos-
lvl 75 chaos/wraith mage
Zeus

I like your guide. I've an Earth/Wraith mage myself and I've got to say it's the most independent mage I've played.

Anyway, what about training without terra? Not every monster out there can give 600-900 exp per kill....especially if it's only a death's head 5 killing it. Also, how would I use AB to farm around aggressive monsters? Is it possible?

There's an AB setting that I use in conjunction with shining charm, that is instead of setting soul entangle as the first strike, set up shining charm 1 as the first attack, and hurt transfer 1 as common. There are 2 scenarios that can happen when you do that:
1) the new monster becomes your ally, and ur previous monster starts to attack you, whereupon ur summon and monster pet will attack it, or
2) the spell misses and the monster attacks you, whereupon ur summons and monster pet attack it.

That's only if you need some extra damage. Usually the summon is enough. However, be aware that because your monster pet would be standing next to you, so the instant your charm works on a new monster, the ex-pet will immediately start to attack, so be prepared to take a few hits. Still, nothing an Earth bestow can't heal.

Something else that might be added:
I know it's quite obvious, but the lvl 5 summons of each tier are actually better/as good as the lvl 4 summons of the next tier, so once you get lvl 5 skeleton, you can skip all the mummies and go directly to lvl 5 mummy, and so on.

reply #1

My bad...
Thx so much for your reply, now im adding more stuff to this "tutorial"...

I said a lot of stuff but forgot to say exaclty how to lvl and keep your summoner... lol

First of all lets get along with the 3 most popular kinds of wraith mages:
pure summoner, overlord, chaos/wraith mage...

Chaos/Wraith Mage
Its usefull for pvp and the main skill must be chaos... wraith is used to help in defense...
It can lvl itself by skeleton/mummy/leech/azrael/(and so on...) way, or by regular way (killing near lvl monsters)...
Its good cuz its a Wizards + debuffs...

Overlord
Its usefull for pvm and the main skill is wraith... earth is used to regen mp/hp and some buffs...
It can lvl itself by skeleton/mummy/leech/azrael/(and so on...) way, by charm killing way, by regular way (killing near lvl monsters), or by killing near lvl monsters with 3 pals helping (pet + summon + charmed)...
Thats good cuz its really independent... you dun need to care about him all day long... you can regen hp and mp, so its just fine

Summoner
Its the most common one... usually got more MP then others...
It can lvl itself by skeleton/mummy/leech/azrael/(and so on...) way, by regular way (killing near lvl monsters)...
Thats just the common one...

How To Decide whats the best pure/hybrid Summoner for You?
Before you choose, remember...
Overlord = Player Versus Monster (PVM)
Chaos/wraith = Player Versus Player (PVP)
Their are both good at pvp and pvm, but overlords are better in PVM and chaos/wraith better at PVP...
So use this as a hint to decide whats best...
To think better, as i said in the first post, think about using AXE and ENHANCE... axe got buffs for def (mages usually got low def) and enhance got bonus for hp (mages with more HP can take more damage)...

How To Level Your Summoner?
You need to fight on regular way until you get lvl 22 and can use skeleton 5
Level 0~12 - Angel Lyceum
Level 12~16 - First city Map
Level 16~22 - Second city Map
Then you can use skeleton 5... you can find the monsters that drop this skill on : http://angels.wikidot.com/
Using skeleton, you can keep fighting on second map till you get near lvl 30... then you go ahead to the third map and keep going using the skeleton and fighting till lvl 40 on the forth citie map (try findin wich level monsters are in the cities so its going to be easier fight along)...
This is going to be like this... you run and fight... till you get more improves...
Skeleton is usefull to boss hunting also (as i said in the earlier post)...
Try NEVER farm/level in aggressive maps lvl... its possible, but harder... If you think the exp is better, i can give you my hint: while your active playin (watching your char), go ahed, fight and be aware of running if u get near death... but when u get unactive, let your char in a non aggressive mobs map...
For lvl 40~50 i can suggest Dragon Graveyard... there are some chickens there that dun attack and their good to lvl... just take care with the barfts and soldiers...
When wraith skill is lvl 48, look for Mummy skill 5
With mummy you can go try this on Atlantis... nice non aggressive-monsters to kill there
there you can lvl to 65... after that, i suggest you to keep levelin there while inactive and AOEing while active... its harder, expensive (lots of pots), and may make your fingers hurt... but its good
Try doing quests while moobing...
When you get wraith skill lvl 74, try hunting the Leech 5 skill... I cant say where you can find it cuz i never saw someone who did... but I have a guess: First boss on Gulp Room...
If you get the hang of it, at lvl 60+ you wont need this tutorial cuz you'll get things by urself... and if u have doubts, i'll try to answer all of them :)

If you get a nice league, and you got TERRA (Area Totem), you don need to do anything i said above...
Just kill one-eyed bats and evil slarms using skeleton 5 and soul entangle... or kill Savage Dog-face and PooPoo Demon with mummy 5 and soul entangle :)

Guess thats all... Hope i dun forget about anything...

Thread